Saturday, February 5, 2011

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey

I'm skipping the picture this week. I've been really tired this week and just haven't been feeling myself. Plus I don't feel like there's much change. It will be time for my 16 week update in about 2 days, so I am really behind.

11 years ago today I woke up to learn my dad had passed away while we slept. I should be 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant right now, but I am not. I don't dwell on these things but at the same time I cannot deny the impact they have had on my life. There's a lot I could write about losing my dad and Alex, but I just don't think it will come out very cohesively now.

I'm hoping the month of February flies by so we can move on to more cheerful months of the year. In the meantime I apologize for the melancholy posts that may appear here.

Pregnancy Update

How far along?: 15 weeks
How big is baby?: the size of a naval orange, weighs about 2.5 ounces, 4 inches long
Weight gain?: 7 lbs
Stretch marks?: no stretch marks yet
Maternity clothes?: Maternity pants, I don't really need the tops yet except for length to cover the top of mat jeans, I just wear my looser normal ones.
Sleep?: I sleep on my side with a body pillow
Best moment this week?: I felt the baby move on Tuesday while sitting at work. If I hadn't read that it feel like a cell phone vibrating on your stomach I would never have realized what I was feeling. I can't wait to feel it again. I also got info about registering with the hospital for delivery and classes.
Food cravings?: ICE CREAM (specifically Ben and Jerry's Phish Food)
Gender?: Doug is leaning towards finding out. I put the decision in his hands and I am fine with whatever he decides (he did say if we find out with this baby we will make the next one a surprise). The anatomy scan is March 7th.
Movement?: see best moment of the week
Belly button?: still normal
What I miss?: regular pants
Labor signs?: too early!
What I'm looking forward to?: The end of morning sickness. The last time I actually threw up was Thursday a week ago, but I am still gagging when I brush my teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl, I am also having a bit of a sad day too. I am praying and pulling for you that all will go well!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete